Monday, September 24, 2007

Thank you, Chuck!

So, Mom and I started to pack up Grandma's apartment today. I did the kitchen and living room and Mom did the bathroom and utility closet. We carried a ton of stuff to the dumpster and packed the other stuff. Sad to see a life in boxes. The only room left is her bedroom. Long morning.

This afternoon the doctor at the hospital called and said he wasn't so sure Grandma should go to a nursing home. Couldn't she go home and have someone stay with her? Or could she go to an assisted living place? Uhh, no. Number one is that she can't afford assisted living and there's no one who can take care of her 24/7. Mom's an only child, eighty years old and has a husband in the nursing home for Pete's Sake! Doesn't he know that we've already considered the options? Just because Grandma said she could take care of herself, doesn't mean she can. She also says she's been widowed for 14 years. Try 60!!!

At any rate, Mom put a call in to Grandma's doctor (Chuck) who amazingly said that she belongs in a nursing home. DUH! Someone oughta slap that other doctor. I wish I knew who it was so I could do it myself.
UGH, today sucked!

No comments: