Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fun Weekend

Paul picked me up Friday afternoon and we went out to Patty's and picked apples, stopped at my Mom's so she could meet him and then were off to the movies. We saw the new Jodi Foster movie and both enjoyed it. Then we came back here for a quick bite to eat and made the dough and filling for a batch of apple turnovers. There's something about a guy who'll stand side by side with you at the kitchen sink peeling apples :) To me, that's romance and I love the companionship.

Yesterday he came over early and kept me company while I made a Mexican feast. Jane and Marty joined us for dinner and we all had a great time. Marty and Jane both remembered Paul from our younger days and hit it off beautifully. Jane took me aside at one point to tell me that Paul's a keeper :) I think I already knew that :) After they left, Paul stayed for quite awhile, visiting and helping me get things around here back in order.

Today he's coming over and we're goig to be making approximately 60 apple turnovers for the freezer. Lucky guy! Although I have to say that he seems to enjoy being my sous chef. And he most certainly enjoys the fruits of our labors. We plan to go visit my Grandma this afternoon and I did warn him that I am not responsible for anything she says to him. God only knows what that'll be :)

I'm having such a good time hanging around with him and he says he's really enjoying our time together too. In fact, he's asked me to go to Minnesota with him for a race in early October :) This is all a little on the scary side for me but I'm enjoying every minute of it. And Stella is getting quite attached too :)

2 comments:

Shylah said...

Happy to hear you've been enjoying your time with him!

Kellee said...

I have tears in my eyes reading your post. I hope you continue to enjoy your time together! He does sound like a "keeper!"