Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dear Shylah :)

I spent 4 hours yesterday shortening a bridesmaid dress for my niece, Shylah. It's a good thing she's one of my favorite people in Jim's family :)
The dress was Pepto-Bismal pink and had three layers. The top layer was a filmy chiffon and one big bitch to work with.
The good news is that she'll look beautiful (although she'd look beautiful with or without the dress!) and won't be tripping up the church steps in a dress that's over 4 inches too long. The bad news is that I will not be volunteering to hem her wedding dress :)
Love ya, Kiddo!

3 comments:

scissorbill said...

Yeah, that kid would look good wearing a flour sack dress. Flour sack right? Not flower sack? Hmmm.....

Shylah said...

Thank You! Good thing there was no beading on that dress or I really would have been screwed. I think I should have grown 4 inches taller...your side of the family took all the height!

Shylah said...

You are a stinker. You shouldn't have sent the card back to me! IT was a cute card though. Good luck with dinner tonight!