Thursday, September 20, 2007

So Sad

They could find nothing medically wrong with my Grandma. She continues to have some periods of lucidity amid all the confusion. Nevertheless, she will no longer be able to live alone. She was transfered to the Psychiatric floor yesterday until they find a bed for her at the nursing home. I told her they needed the bed she was in for someone else and that they were just going to transfer her to a different room in a different building. No need to tell the poor old girl she was going to the looney bin for awhile. What's amazing is that she was able to stay in her apartment all these years by herself. At 99, she deserves to have someone else looking out for her. I love you Grandma!

2 comments:

Shylah said...

She has definately lived the life. I think my favorite times were when we got her and Grandma Anne together..neither one of them could hear so they would just yell at eachother. I am laughing at it right now.

Mother Goose said...

Yeah and a lot of times they were each carrying on a different conversation and neither was the wiser :)