Friday, April 17, 2009

Nine Dozen Naked Cookies

I just finished baking seven dozen average and 2 dozen small, rolled out, heart shaped sugar cookies. They're for Kristin's wedding shower tomorrow. I will be dressing them later with several shades of bright pink frosting.
I love them with my homemade buttercream frosting but I think I love them plain the best. Thanks to Kathy Farstad who shared her recipe with me many years ago.
Of course I had to eat a few to make the count even ;)


Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter
1-1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
*Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Add all dry ingredients gradually. Chill dough 3-4 hours. Roll out and cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 350 degrees until just starting to brown lightly around the edges.

No comments: