Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bill Pay AGAIN!

OK, so I've had problems with Bill Pay since last December first when I was at Sarah's. Every month since then, they won't let me log on. I call my credit union and they give me a temporary password, I get on and pay my bills and then the next time I go to use it, I can't log on again. It's frustrating! I called last week and the CU Gal called the company and called me back. She wondered if I had a virus scan that automatically deleted cookies every so often and if I had put Bill Pay in my trusted sites file.

After much looking around I determined that no, I didn't have a scan that deleted cookies and I put it in my trusted sites file. I still couldn't log on. So, then I went ahead and deleted all the cookies just to clean up my computer a bit.

I stopped into the CU today and asked the Gal if they could just close out my current account and open a new one. She is going to call the company, find out and call me back.

I had to pay my bills by hand the other day and it hurt my feelings. I love Bill Pay when it works.
I wonder if there's another company that I could have for Bill Pay and have them run it through my credit union account? Anyone know?

3 comments:

Linda and Bill said...

We have the ability to pay bills with all our banks - but it is a bank service. Whenever we have login problems, the bank computer department helps us out.

Allan said...

Sorry if this is too obvious, but after initially logging in with the temporary password, did you then change it to a different password in your profile? In my experience, the "temporary" means only one use -- although most programs take you directly to the reset page after you initially login with the temp pw.

Mother Goose said...

Yes, Allan, I always did change the password after using the temporary one and I still can't log on.

And this is a service offered by my credit union. I call them every time I have problems and they get me a new password, etc. Very nice to work with but neither they nor I can figure out what's going on. And the provider they use can't figure out why I can't log on either. I must be jinxed.