Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Busy Day

Stella and I were up and on our way out to Allison's at 8:30 this morning. We hauled in a ton of supplies and got busy making breakfast. We had:

Blueberry/cream cheese butter braid
Scrambled eggs with cheese
Sausages
Hash Browns

Allison did the dishes while I made the stuffing for the turkey. As soon as it was in the oven, it was time to leave for church.

After church, Jameson and I picked up Stella and went to visit my Dad and Grandma at the nursing home. Gage and Allison had naps. After the nursing home, we stopped at my house, dropped off Stella and I changed my clothes. Then it was back to Allisons to finish preparing Easter dinner. My nephew, my Mom, and my brother and his wife joined us. We had:

Turkey

Mashed potatoes and gravy
Cornbread stuffing
Green beans with cheese sauce
Taffy apple salad
My Mom's homemade buns
Olives and cranberries
Pumpkin pie with whipped cream
Boston cream pie

Karter and Allison did all the dishes while the rest of us visited. Paul took the boys for a bike ride and they later came to get Ellen to take her to see the ball diamonds. I snuck out while they were gone but ran into them coming home. Pretty cute, the boys were both walking and Paul and Ellen were wheeling their bikes home. Guess the kids were as tired out as their Grandma is :)
And sadly, I took no pictures :(


2 comments:

Linda and Bill said...

I gotta know - what is taffy apple salad???

Mother Goose said...

It's a salad that tastes like caramel apples. Here's the recipe and it makes it lot.

Taffy Apple Salad

20 oz. can pineapple tidbits, drain and reserve juice
1-1/2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
8 oz. Cool Whip
2 cups chopped Granny Smith apples
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1-1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts

* Mix pineapple juice, vinegar, flour, sugar and egg. Bring to a boil. Cool. Mix with thawed Cool Whip. Add to rest of ingredients and chill.