Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hunters, Party of 4

For my girlfriend's birthday last month, I gave her a gift certificate good for dinner for 4 at Kathy's House of Home Cooking :) She has two unmarried children in their early 20's who also live in town.
I listed several menus and explained she needed to pick her favorite and call me for reservations 3-4 days in advance. For some reason she was hesitant to call first so I called her and gave her some dates I would be free to cook for them. She chose the 30th of March at 5:30PM and also chose "Grandma's Chicken Dinner" for their meal. I told her to think back to the 1950's when all the kids and grandkids went to Grandma and Grandpa's for Sunday dinner. She could expect that same dinner at my house on the 30th.

I am now planning the meal. It will feature fried chicken, homemade mashed potatoes and gravy, fresh green beans with bacon and onion, coleslaw, homemade buns, relish tray and cranberries. For dessert I will make a homemade cherry pie and serve it warm with Dairy Queen soft serve on top. I have a great recipe for cherry pie :)

I'll also have an open bar ;)
Can't wait!!

No comments: