Monday, March 30, 2009

Do You Think?

My floors desperately need to be vacuumed. I'm having the Hunters over for dinner tonight. My cleaning lady is coming on Wednesday. I'm not going to vacuum them so that I can pay her to vacuum clean floors. KWIM? Here's why I think that they're not going to notice my dirty floors.
The only way to make a flaky pie crust good enough to hold my homemade cherry pie filling.
LARD!!
A scoop of Haagen-Dazs vanilla bean ice cream and they won't even remember there were floors here :) Right?

Cherry Pie Filling:
2 cans red sour pitted cherries, partially drained
3 Tablespoons quick tapioca
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar
* Mix all ingredients and let set while making the pie crust. Pour over crust in deep dish pie pan. Top with second crust. Cut steam vents. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and then turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake another 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.

No comments: