Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bulgogi


Since Jim died, I very rarely cook for myself. I cook for friends and family but very seldom for just me. I'm trying to change that. I love to cook and I'm a good cook. Plus, I've decided that I'm special enough to cook for just me :)
I made a menu plan, bought groceries and have about 7-8 meals planned for the coming days. I bought the groceries and chopped, sliced, marinated and froze things yesterday. Today is the first day of this plan and I had Beef Bulgogi for dinner. I haven't had it for years and it really hit the spot on a cold, blizzardy March day.
I love it if I can talk to Sarah or Allison on the phone while I eat but now that I have my Kindle and can read one-handed, I can at least read while I eat. I think part of the reason I don't cook for myself is because I hate eating by myself. There's something inherently wrong with sitting at the dining room table all alone. At least in my world.
After 3-1/2 years, I'm still learning how to be alone. It sucks but I'm adapting.

No comments: