Sunday, September 28, 2008

New Church

Allison and I took the boys to Peace Lutheran Church in Burlington today. I really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and it's a very child friendly place :)

I can hardly stand to even walk into Bethany since Jim died. It brings back too many happy and sad memories for me and last night's wedding there was no exception. I almost had to leave and would've if it wouldn't have caused a disturbance. I'm sure those around me wondered why I was so emotionally invested in the wedding of my niece. I'm thrilled for her and wish her much love, however, the fact that I was sobbing my eyes out had nothing to do with her.

I feel getting active in church again would probably be a good thing for me and maybe joining a new one will be the answer. At any rate, I volunteered to work two shifts this week at the Hostfest for Peace Lutheran and Allison and I are planning to attend their community dinner with the boys on Wednesday night.

No comments: