Saturday, September 6, 2008

Another 5:00AM Start

I hit Allison's driveway at 5:23 this morning. As I was getting out of my car, I heard Jameson holler, "Grandma's here!" Yep, both boys were up and waiting for me.

We were eating pancakes by 6:00AM and playing firefighters by 6:30AM! After threatening them with death to get them to brush their teeth, we went to my house around 10:30 so I could get ready for the public. We picked up lunch and took it to the nursing home so they could eat with their Mom and see where she's working now. We visited Grandma Roll and my Dad and then went to K-Mart to get the new toys I'd bribed them with earlier :) We stopped and rented movies and then picked up a few things from the grocery store.

When we got back to their house, I made a big batch of chocolate chip cookies while they fought, whined, complained and tattled on each other. After the cookies, I made supper, tricked them into eating it and then gave them both baths and made them put their jammies on.

When Allison got home at 7:00PM, the house was all picked up, the dished were all done, the boys were clean and ready for bed and there were 7 dozen fresh cookies on her counter. Grandma's tired.

Allison asked if Stella could spend the night with her tonight but I think she's secretly holding her ransom so I will return again tomorrow at 5:30AM.

No comments: