Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sucky Day!

Until Jim died, I had pretty much avoided going to funeral homes. Never had a reason to. Now it seems I'm on a first name basis with them.

My Dad died yesterday morning while my Mom and I were in Connecticut visiting Sarah. We got the call shortly after the fact and Sarah (the best executive secretary out there) was able to get our flights changed from Tuesday to yesterday. And without a charge! The flight from Minneapolis to Minot was totally booked so I don't know how she managed to get two seats on it but am thankful she did. We arrived home at around 7 last night and today we get to go to the funeral home and make the arrangements. And I'm sure they won't be good enough for my sister Carol. She doesn't want to get involved but sure likes to voice her opinions after the fact.

The funeral is on Wednesday and the only good part of that is my sister Mary, her husband Jeff and their doggy, Rico are coming to stay with me.

I'm also thankful my Dad is finally out of the nursing home that he hated. They took very good care of him there but he hated the fact that he had to be there. I did too. I have visions of Jim meeting him at Heaven's gate and giving him the grand tour.

4 comments:

scissorbill said...

I did cringe a bit when I heard, "Thank you for calling Delta. This is Abdul." in a thick Indian accent but Abdul was very helpful and even offered his condolences.

Shylah said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad. Thinking of you.

Kellee said...

Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I love the thought of Jim greeting him and giving him the grand tour.

{{{Hugs}}}

LBJ11 said...

Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. We pray for strength for you to get through the next few days and for peace in your heart.