Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Grandma's Roses







At Grandma's funeral, we had a bouquet of 5 roses representing her 5 grandchildren. White for the 2 boys and cream with rose colored tips for the 3 girls. I took the bouquet home and days later was marveling at how beautiful the girl ones still looked. The boys' unfortunately were dead. I decided to take the remaining 3 and have them freeze dried.
I picked them up today and couldn't be more pleased with the way they turned out. They are very fragile so I just tied a ribbon around them and laid them in my curio cabinet where I put a lot of things that have meaning to me. Because the curio cabinet has a mirror in the back, the picture makes it look like there are 6 roses.
I stood and looked at the finished product and although it needs a good cleaning, I love my curio cabinet!
I have a story for everything in it :)






No comments: