Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanks!

I am so lucky I have brothers, sons-in-law and a brother-in-law!!

Jeff ( my brother-in-law) and Joe (my brother) installed new blinds in all four of my great room windows on Thursday! They look great and have a top down/bottom up feature so now Stella can't see out of the windows, therefore eliminating almost all of her barking :)

I had a baby gate at the bottom of my stairs to prevent Stella from wandering around down there that was a PITA to step over or take down every time I needed to go down there. Paul (my brother) was here the other night and told me he had one with a swinging door on it that I could have. I picked it up today but couldn't get it tight enough to work. Paul came up and fixed it and while he was here, he also installed the new doorbell I bought today :) Unfortunately, Stella still barks when the doorbell rings :)

And finally, I've been wanting to replace the dated light fixtures in my condo and called Karter (my son-in-law) to ask him if he thought he could do it or if I would need to hire an electrician. He assured me he could do it. I found a chandelier I like today and mentioned it to him during a phone conversation. After an hour of just visiting, when he was ready to hang up, he told me to let him know when I get the lights and he'll get them hung :)

Funny thing is that Jim hated doing these kinds of things and wasn't very good at it when he attempted them. (Bless the man, he had many talents but handyman wasn't one of them.) We usually just hired someone to do these jobs and had to wait for the "experts" to fit us into their schedule. I think I get these kinds of things done quicker now and it's sure a lot easier on my pocketbook :) Sometimes I cook dinner in exchange for odd jobs but sometimes I don't. I love the guys in my life!! They're so good to me :)

No comments: