Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Drunk at 4:00PM

Allison and I went to Applebees for lunch. We shared spinach and artichoke dip and nachos. We had three perfect margaritas each. Yeah, each! Oh, and we split a brownie hot fudge sundae.

I brought her home and she went directly to bed. My bed. When her husband called 20 minutes later, saying he was home but didn't have keys to get in the house, I was the one who had to drive all the way out there to rescue him. When I got back home, she was still in my bed and hadn't moved a muscle. Stella and I joined her.

Didn't take long for my doorbell to ring... several times, letting me know it was the boys. Sure enough, I got up, opened the door and in rushed Jameson and Gage. Karter followed. After dumping the sand from their shoes (on the entry floor), they jumped into bed with their mother. She got up and I ordered pizza for the troops.

After I cleaned up the pizza mess, we went to the dog park to run Stella. Later, I took the boys and their mom back to their house and came home to the quiet peace of mine, trying to avoid stepping in the sand all over the entry way. I decided to pretend it wasn't there and leave it for the cleaning lady today.

So, I settle in at the computer to play a few games of Sudoko. Stella curled up in a ball, sleeping at my feet. All is right in our little world again. Yawning, I decided it was time for bed. I washed my face, took Stella out one last time, locked up the house, put on a fresh nitegown, turned off the light and crawled into bed. ARGHHHHHHH, there is sand all over my sheets!!!!!!!
Grandkids!! Gotta love 'em!! :)

1 comment:

Jerilynn said...

Your a wonderful grandmother. My Mom is wonderful to my kids too - just know it really is appreciated.