Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just Call Me Cheap :)

So, I lied. I didn't make Limoncello Zabaglione for dessert tonight. Although I found fresh raspberries for only $2.99 a half pint at Marketplace, the Limoncello was $25 a bottle. I just couldn't spend that much on an unknown dessert. If I'd made it before and loved it, I may have been more apt to take the plunge. Or, if I'd even known I would like drinking what was left of the Limoncello, I may have coughed up the $25 but I choked and just couldn't do it.

I had vacuum packed some fresh Boyko peaches last year, so I took a couple packs of those out of my freezer. And even though the rest of my meal is Eye-talian, the dessert is good old warm peach crisp with vanilla bean Haagen Dazs ice cream. The aroma of warm cinnamon is wafting through my house even as I type :)

Hey Sharon, ask Tom if his Grandmother would've been ok with peach crisp.

1 comment:

sharon said...

Tom says as long as it's soaked in wine, you're good!