Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I only want a good night's sleep!

So, I go to the doctor yesterday and get a new prescription for sleeping pills. I take said prescription to the drug store and after waiting almost an hour... when they said 15-20 minutes, I find that my insurance company only allows 14 pills in a 25 day period. What the HELL? Plus, they charged me $22 for the 14 pills. If the prescription says, take one every night, wouldn't a sane person assume you need 25 for a 25 day period?? And if they're that expensive after running it through insurance, why am I carrying it in the first place??
The drug store said to have my doctor call the insurance company. So, I called them when I got home. They gave me a number for my doctor to call to have it adjusted in my file. Hmmmm, so they have a policy in place to allow only 14 per 25 day period and all a doctor has to do is call them to have them change it. Why have the stupid policy in the first place?? Meanwhile, I just want to ensure I'll be able to sleep when I go to bed.

3 comments:

scissorbill said...

If I know you you're taking the 3mg dose. Which retails for $4.60 per night. You very well might end up paying for the eleven doses yourself but a good night's sleep would be worth it for me. We'll just eat out one less time while you're here.

scissorbill said...

Oh yeah, I just remembered you're on a FIXED INCOME! Maybe you should pick up some lavender room spray and a box of chamomile tea.

Mother Goose said...

Have I told you lately that you're a smart ass? If not, consider yourself told :)