Monday, October 8, 2007

Weekend

The races were rained out Friday night, so I saw my first World of Outlaws race Saturday night. We had perfect 84 degree weather for it too! Quite unusual for October in Minnesota. Don't know if I'll ever be a huge fan but I enjoyed it and Paul was thrilled I went with. The rest of the weekend went particularly well and we're still talking to each other after three days together :) Hello?? He treats me like a queen, who wouldn't be thrilled??

Paul bought the boys (and me too) a T-shirt from the races and promised them he'd take them to some next summer when they come to Minot. Sounds like he's planning to stick around for awhile :) Fine by me :) I really like him. He's trying to talk me into going to Phoenix with him in Feb and I just may. Depends if Kathy's going to be there then. She usually is so it may just work out very well. He's got relatives there to visit and of course his only child lives there. Wonder what she'll think of me? She and Paul are extremely close and talk to each other at least once a day. She's 26 so at least she's got some maturity going on.

Bless Allison's heart, she had dinner for us when we got home last night and a fresh homemade apple pie. She's a sweetie and Paul thinks she is too :)
It's a gray Monday out there but I'm happy and content. I'm trying to enjoy each day as it comes and so far, it's working...

3 comments:

Kellee said...

Sounds like a great weekend girlfriend!! Why shouldn't you go to Arizona in February? You'll need some warm sunshine by then, won't you? What a sweetheart Allison is...I can only hope my daughter grows up to be so kind...right now I'm just praying she grows up and eventually moves out :)

Mother Goose said...

Hey Kellee! :)

I'm sure I will need some sunshine in Feb but I'm going to be in Boston for three weeks in December and then on a 10 day cruise in January. I'm not ruling Phoenix out though :)

I remember days I couldn't wait for my girls to grow up. Hang in there, it really does get better.
How's your new guy?

Kellee said...

All is well here Kathy! Dick is awesome...he makes me smile and laugh, among other things!

Meg, on the other hand...well, she's a 17 year old girl, 'nuff said?