Friday, August 31, 2007

A tired puppy is a good puppy

I took Stella for a long walk this afternoon. By the time we got back, her tongue was longer than her tail. Except it wasn't curling over her back :) She had a looooong nap afterwards.

I invited my Mom over for dinner tonight, so after I put it in the oven, I took Stella for another walk. I was hoping she'd sleep while we ate dinner. We walked several blocks and I had every intention of going to the end of our street and back up before we hung up the leash. However, Stella had other plans. Once she spotted our house, that was it. She laid down on the grass and refused to budge. Interesting, seeing as how our condo is identical to all the others for 2 blocks down and two blocks over. I guess my little girl knows where she lives. Is that kind of like learning your address when you're a little kid?

BTW, she did sleep during dinner and is still conked out :)
Maybe I should take her out walking again before bed so she'll sleep through the night without having to get up for a potty break. My luck, she'd just be too tired to get up and would pee my bed.

1 comment:

scissorbill said...

A month ago I would have said that she recognized your house by it's dead grass but I hear things are looking up at #2000.