Monday, July 16, 2007

Can it be??

OK, I picked Stella up in Bismarck Thursday afternoon. I have dogged (no pun intended) her every step since then and she's had a total of two accidents. Pretty damn good if you ask me. Yesterday, she went potty only about half the times I took her out. No accidents but she didn't seem to know why I kept taking her out, took forever. Today, she's gone. every. single. time. I've taken her out AND has done it quite quickly each time. It's like it finally clicked :) I realize I still need to be hypervigilant but it's nice to know we're making progress.

I've been shutting her in the laundry room when I leave, where I have her crate and a few toys. The first two times, she cried horribly. She also was crying when I came home. I don't know if she cried continuously or not but I hope she settled down and then started crying only when she heard the garage door opening when I got home. Today when I left, she didn't cry when I put her in the laundry room. She wasn't crying when I returned either. More progress :)



1 comment:

Shylah said...

Slowly, but surely she will catch onto your routine. It sounds like she is turning into a very good companion!