Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Have It Your Way

8:15 this morning I get a phone call. Little voice on the other end says, "Grandma, I want you to pick me up from Bible School, Mommy is sick and has diarrhea." OK, I'll pick you up and take you to Day Care. "But I want you to take me out for lunch too." I told him we'd talk about it when I picked him up.

Sooooooo, I picked Jameson up from Bible School at 11:30 and told him he had two choices... Pizza Hut or Sammy's. He chose Pizza Hut. On the way, I had to stop at the credit union to cash a couple of checks. While at the drive-up, he notices Burger King across the street and says, "I wanna go to Burger King." OK, so Burger King it was. UGH, I had forgotten I like Burger King even less than McDonald's :(

While eating lunch I decided that he should take treats back to Day Care for everyone. I called the Day Care and they told me there were 14 kids in his room. Ummm, no, I mean in the whole Day Care. In that case, there are 35 not counting the baby room. I suggested that we go to the grocery store and get push-ups for everybody. Not a good idea according to him because they don't have a freezer. Hhhmmm, but wouldn't they eat them when we got there? Evidently not because he said, "I just don't think it's a good idea." OK, off to K-Mart, where he immediately picks up a battery operated lollipop for $2.99 and says, "we should get these." Ummm, no.

I showed him several things within my budget and he chose whistle pops. We bought 36 whistle pops and I'm sure the Day Care ladies are now praying I don't pick him up from Bible School tomorrow :)

Wonder if my phone will ring again in the morning? And why does the kid know my phone number and not his own?? I wonder how long it'll be before he knows my cell number too?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for making my day easier. I slept from 9:30 until 5:30 and sweat like a pig all day in between puking & shitting!

Jameson is going to expect all of his women to cater to him the way you do! :)

Shylah said...

Allison, Your love of bodily functions will never change!

scissorbill said...

What happened to the bitch who would have never let us go out for lunch at all, much less pick out where we got to go?

We did have some mighty fine treats to bring to school though.