Friday, June 22, 2007

Good Samaritan

Yesterday, Allison called and asked if I'd come and get her to take her to the ER. She had a migraine, was throwing up and couldn't drive. I got out on the highway and a truck passed me and threw up a rock. I have a huge bullet looking hole with cracks radiating out from it in my brand new windshield :( I've had my car all of 6 weeks :(

I got to spend 3 hours in the ER, pick up Allison's prescription, pick up dinner for her family and take her home.

I raced back to town to pick up Jane from the clinic where she'd had surgery earlier yesterday afternoon. I'd told her at least 6 weeks ago that I'd be able to do it so I was expecting that call. Went to get her prescriptions too before I took her home.

While I was at the ER, I called Patty and backed out of a retirement party I'd RSVPed for.

All in all, it cost me $$ for gas, $$ for the boys' dinner, $$ for a retirement party that I didn't get to attend and $$$ for a new windshield. Sometimes being a Good Samaratin doesn't pay :(

1 comment:

scissorbill said...

Good thing you're RICH!