Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thank you God!!!

My insurance company has always been a stickler for having pre-approval for my sleeping pills. I take 1-1/2 every night and they only approve 18 or some weird number a month. Every year, my doctor has to call the insurance company and get them to re-consider it and so far they always have.

I went to get new prescriptions for this year last week and the next day I got a phone call from my insurance company saying they had denied it. Damn, I called the doctor's office and told them it was denied but was told that they would look into it.

I got a call a few minutes ago from my doctor's office telling me that they had called the insurance company and that I had approval through 2021!! As long as my prescription stays at 1-1/2 tablets a night, they will cover it. They denied last week because they thought we were asking for a new prescription not just continuing the one I had. So now for the next 11 years, all I have to do is go to the doctor once a year and have her fax my prescription to the drug store without jumping through any more hoops!!!

Now if they would just start making a generic so it's more affordable, that would be nice. I pay almost $300 a month for it when I hit the coverage gap in July!

No comments: