Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Brother ROCKS!!!

So, I decided to change the light fixtures in my house. Of course I have the problem of not being able to do these kinds of things. An electrician is waaaay expensive plus even if I wanted to pay one, there is too much work in this area for an electrician to bother with a "small" job like this. My brother Paul came up on three different afternoons and changed out all the light fixtures on my main floor except the kitchen one over the island!! Yesterday he hung the new dining room chandelier :)

And of course, once I decided to go with a different metal color, I realized the door knobs needed to be changed as well. When I got done switching the doorknobs out, the gold hinges jumped out at me so I had to get new hinges. I attempted to change them myself but had a lot of problems trying to hold the heavy door in place while trying to line up all three hinges at the same time and get a couple screws in. I gave up after two doors.

But Ellen came with Paul yesterday and while he was hanging the chandelier, she and I changed hinges on the rest of the inside doors! What a trooper! I'm sure glad they brought a power screwdriver and that Ellen loves power tools!

Now I'm looking at kitchen lights to replace the old, ugly fluorescent light I have above my island. What the Hell was I thinking when I chose that for my kitchen??

No comments: