Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Moving Sucks!

I'm pooped. I went to Mom's at 10:30 and started loading my car with clothes from her bedroom and coat closets, all her shoes and pictures from her walls. I cleaned out the frig and gathered the coffee pot, toaster, iron, and supplies from under her sink and lugged it all out to the car along with all the odds and ends that were still at the house. We hauled it all up to her new apartment, lugged everything in and put everything away. I hung her shower curtain, we made up her bed and then hauled all the empty boxes out. Except for pictures on the walls, everything is done up there. I called her later and she was curled up on her new couch reading a book :)
I'm sure I smelled like a goat when I got home.

All that's left at her house are a couple pieces of furniture that are going to be picked up this week, a few cleaning supplies and her vacuum cleaner. I'm done there.

I'm so thankful that Joe did the majority of hauling the heavier boxes and furniture and that Shari and Paul helped man the garage sale. Next time she moves I think Mary and Carol should come and do it ;)

Tomorrow, I'm taking her shopping for a floor lamp, two table lamps for her living room and two bedside table lamps for her bedroom. I told her I'd also hang her pictures tomorrow. Then I'll be done at the apartment too.

Watch for pictures tomorrow night :)
It's 9:14 PM and this goat is heading to bed!
P.S I took a bath when I got home so even though I feel like a goat, I no longer smell like one :)

2 comments:

Kellee said...

You're an awesome daughter! My sweetie moved me last Saturday, with his brother's help. I bought new living room and bedroom furniture so they were spared that but I had a LOT of other stuff! We're both on vacation this week and as of today we are officially done unpacking and putting things into their new homes. I do need some things to hang on my walls, but I'm not one to just go buy wall art...By the way, I moved to an apartment complex about 2 miles (or less) from the hospital Sarah works at!

Mother Goose said...

Hey cool!!! I'm going to be there for two weeks in July. I already told Sarah that I'm going to call you this time. Last time, I had my Mother with me, the time before that, Thomas was born so I haven't had the time to get together with you. I'm getting in the 20th and will be there until August 3rd. I hope we'll be able to hook up at some point.
Isn't moving the pits?? I'm glad Dick helped you, it's always nice to have help :)
Mom needs some new wall art too but we decided that she's going to live there for awhile first so she can get an idea of what she wants.