Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Miss Thing


Or maybe it should be Miss Thing II?
My friend, Sharon has an eight year old daughter, named Gianna. They call her G for short and sometimes, her mother lovingly calls her Miss Thing. She's a girl who knows what she wants. Love that.
When I was in Cleveland two years ago visiting, I fell in love with their dog, Shadow. So much so that I decided then and there that I was going to get a dog. And not just any dog, I wanted a dog just like Shadow.
When I got home, I looked up the puppies available from Shadow's breeder in Florida. I saw Stella's picture and instantly fell in love with her. This was the puppy I wanted.
Unbeknown to me at the time, Sharon had shown G the website after I'd left and she had picked the same puppy for me :) When I heard that, I knew it was meant to be. I called the breeder and one thing led to another.
Stella is registered as Stella G Aiken.
G for Sharon's daughter, G. Stella, because I've always loved that name for a little girl dog, and Aiken because Jim would've loved her to death.
Interestingly enough, Stella has one of the same personality traits that G does.
She knows what she wants.
A good trait for a female to have in my opinion.
At any rate, she is my Miss Thing and the name fits beautifully. She's a girl with attitude :) I prefer to call it personality though ;)
Isn't she cute guarding the house from the back of the couch?

No comments: