Thursday, May 29, 2008

Unbelievable!!!

So, while Stella was at the groomer's I sat down and watched the Gentle Leader video, determined to get her walking well on a leash. After I picked her up, I went through the process of adjusting it to fit her. I attached the leash and tried to walk her around the house. Afterall, if we were going to use this in public, I wanted her to cooperate so we didn't look like a couple of losers out there.
She hated it and tried to paw it off. When that didn't work, she laid on the floor and refused to budge. I got frustrated and said, "the Hell with it" and pulled it off. I attached the leash to her regular collar and took her for a walk as usual. Amazingly enough, I only had to pull her back less than 10 times during our whole 40 minute walk!!! The rest of the time, she trotted along beside me just as cute as you please :) Every so often, she looked up at me with a big grin on her face as if to say, "look at me, I'm doing it." Guess all I needed to do was threaten the Gentle Leader :) I feel like we have it almost conquered and couldn't be happier! :) Stella got one of her favorite peanut butter chew treats when she got home :)

No comments: