Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dog Tired

Kathy brought her dog, Roscoe up late this afternoon and we took both dogs for a walk. Stella still pulls like crazy on her leash but she's getting better. Or at least she did a little better this morning. It was hard for her to remember not to run ahead with the distraction of Roscoe. On the way back, she did much better. I suppose that was because she was tired out. She snuggled right into Roscoe and they walked side by side, touching, most of the way home. If he stopped, she sat and waited for him. It was pretty cute :)
Hopefully, she'll do better tomorrow. I think I'm going to finally try the gentle leader. She has to be at the groomer all morning so I think I'll watch the video then.
I sure hope she gets it soon. I'd love to be able to take her for a walk without having it be so painful. It just isn't any fun to walk a dog who is straining as hard as she can against the leash :( I have a blood blister on my right hand from holding her back.
We can both use the excercise but this is ridiculous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try and catch "The Dog Whisperer" on National Geographic channel. You need to see a few episodes and you'll understand his basic tenets about dogs. Friends of ours found his method to work quite well.
In any event, good luck!

Mother Goose said...

Thanks, Linda! I went to his web site and looked around a bit. She's too small to use the collar he suggests but he does have some good advice about everything related to dogs. Wouldn't it be nice to have him train your dog?