Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Why do I feel like such a shit?

I broke up with Paul last night. It was hard to do. He's a nice guy, just not the guy for me. I felt smothered. He wanted to be with me all the time and I just couldn't handle it. Yes, it was nice to have someone to do things with but I didn't want to spend every waking moment with him. He was devastated. Not that I am such a wonderful catch but he doesn't have anything else going on in his life and he didn't see it coming. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders but at the same time, I feel awful for busting his bubble.
I always knew Jim would be a hard act to follow and I miss him more every day :(
Oh well, I guess I'm destined to be alone :(

4 comments:

scissorbill said...

You sound like you need to go to lunch at the Lilac Blossom. On me!

Kellee said...

Awww Kathy...I'm sure it was a tough thing to do, but you know yourself and what's best for you in the long run. Big hugs my friend.

And in my world life is amazingly good. Dick is on vacation this week and is utilizing his time being Mr. Handyman for both of his favorite women (me and his Mom). He has spent many hours here in the last 4 days fixing, cleaning, rearranging, winterizing and anything else you can think of that would make my life better and has spent hours putting up Christmas decorations for his Mom. He will be here on Friday night and Saturday again helping me get my scrapping room back in working order. I'm madly in love with this guy and it just keeps getting better and better.

Let me know when you'll be in Boston so we can meet for lunch!

Mother Goose said...

Hey Kel!
Thanks for the hugs, I need them. I feel bad and know I'll be lonely but it'll be better to be lonely alone than with someone else, if you know what I mean.

I'll be arriving the 14th of Decemember and will be there until the 4th of January. Let me know what'll work for you.

I'm so happy that things are still going so well for you and Dick. Love is a wonderful thing and I can only hope that I'll be able to find it again. Although, even if I don't, I'll be fine. I had it once for many years and can treasure that.

Hugs to you!

linda said...

Kathy, I am so sorry that you are going through this.. Sending you hugs from Colorado and will you give Kellee a hug from me when you see her in December??

linda