Friday, February 27, 2009

My Kindle Is In The House!!!

Of course, yesterday, while chopping and dicing away in the kitchen, my doorbell rang. I dried my hands, picked up Stella and opened the door. There stood my mailman with my Kindle in his hands!! And wouldn't you know that I didn't even have the time to open the box!! I finally had to put it in the other room so that I wouldn't be tempted to toss dinner plans to the wind and play with it.

Today it's supposed to be below zero with 30 below zero windchills. I have nothing planned until 6:00PM. Guess what I'll be doing??? :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really interested in hearing how you like this. Is it heavy? Can you read it laying in bed? Holding it with one hand? Obviously I've never seen it, only heard of it. I'm thinking of it for Bill.

Mother Goose said...

So far, I love it! It weighs a little over 10 ounces. Yes, you can lay in bed with it and use only one hand. You can also subscribe to and read newspapers, magazines and other periodicals from it. Trandfer files onto it and even music so you can listen to music while reading. Amazon.com stores all your downloads so if you ever delete something off the Kindle, you can always go back and download again. It took less than sixty seconds to download the books I did yesterday.

You also don't need to be hooked up to your computer to download stuff. Kindle has it's own network called Whispernet and you don't pay any fees to use it :)

I'm going to see Sarah and Allan on the 17th of March and will be taking it with me. I'll have Allan play with it for awhile and then he could maybe answer any technical questions you have. I understand that he's rather interested in it too.

I love that I don't have to haul a stack of books with me when I travel now! :)

Shylah said...

I have been looking at Kindles for a few months but didn't know anyone who had used one. And for the price, didn't want to take the chance. Let me know how you feel about it after you've used it a while...I'm surious to hear from someone first hand.

Mother Goose said...

Shylah, you can come and check it out for yourself if you want, I love it!