Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Whoops!

I had lab work done yesterday morning. When I went to see the doctor in the afternoon, she said everything looked good except that my fasting blood sugar was 121. Fasting blood sugar should be below 110. Wait. What? I wasn't fasting and not only did I eat breakfast before I had my labs drawn, I washed it down wth a Coke. Yep. So, actually a non-fasting blood sugar of 121 is pretty normal.
And on a good note, my cholestrol was 153, my blood pressure was 107/72 and my B12 level was within normal range. B12 is a biggie for me as the part of my intestine that absorbs B12 is gone and I have to have monthly shots.

Dear Lori,
Next year I promise to fast before getting my labs drawn :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you have two personal nurses at your beck and call to give you your shots! :)