Saturday, August 8, 2009

Big Days

We've been doing lots of fun things since Alex arrived in North Dakota... or Oaf Dakota as David calls it. Wednesday, we drove to Bismarck to go to a water slide park. The weather was shitty so we rented a hotel room with a three story water slide. Jameson, Gage and Alex had a blast. After dinner, we did a little shopping and arrived back home at 10:45PM with three sleeping boys in the back seat. Alex spent the night with Allison's family again.
On Thursday, Jameson, Gage, Alex, Allison and I went to Planet Pizza where they played arcade games, ate pizza and jumped in the bounce houses until all three were sweaty and stinky.

Alex and I picked Matthew up at 3:30 and I took them to see GI Joe. I didn't have the wherewithall to sit through that so I went to see Julie & Julia and we met after the movies were over. Back to my house to play Wii until 10PM. It's now 8:10AM and Alex is still sleeping!
Today we're going to get groceries and visit my Dad and Grandma at the nursing home. We'll pick Matthew up later this afternoon and he's going to spend the night here. I'm so glad the 3 year age difference between he and Alex hasn't ruined their enjoyment of each other. And I'm thrilled Alex is able to spend the time getting to know his cousins here in Oaf Dakota.

No comments: