Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mischievous Dog


This is my dirty clothes hamper. It sits in my bedroom beside the dresser.
Last night, I didn't go to bed at 10:00PM as usual, I was reading a book I wanted to finish before turning in. Evidently, Stella didn't think that was a good reason to stay up.
I knew she was in my bedroom but I assumed she'd gone to bed without me. (Yeah, I know... assumed!!) She does that some nights.
Later, I thought I heard a scratching sound, like she'd jumped up against the hamper. I dismissed it because it has a lid, it never crossed my mind that she could get into it.
WRONG!
When I went into my bedroom to get ready for bed, I couldn't find her but everything was tidy in the there. The first place I looked was under my bed and there she was with a small pile of my dirty clothes!
How she got into the hamper and closed the lid again still has me stumped.

No comments: