Monday, January 26, 2009

WHEW!

Today, I can finally say I think I'm going to live. I was so sick, my Mom stayed with me for 10 days because I was afraid I'd go to bed and not wake up. Seriously, I'd lost so much weight and my blood pressure was very low, my potassium was low, as was my sodium. There were days I could hardly roll off the couch to go to the bathroom.

I'm slowly getting stronger and am trying to put on some weight. I was down to 118 pounds at one time and for me, that's skeletal. I'm glad I was at my all time high when I started this bout.

Thanks so much to all those who were praying for me, I appreciate it and would be thrilled if you'd continue. I still have a lot farther to come.

I've got a long week ahead of me and am trying to rest today so that I have the energy to get through it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, yea, yea!!! I know you're not 100% - but having you up and around even though it is early in the wellness program - makes me breathe a sigh of relief. We were worried about you girl!
Keep resting and get better. Prayers continue.

scissorbill said...

She even Zappoed today! Go, Mom!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathy I have missed you over at Two peas. I am a major lurker over there but I noticed you have been gone. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Take good care of yourself.

Debbie from Illinois