Saturday, December 8, 2007

Caramels

I usually make around 2,000 caramels during the Christmas season, package them and give them as gifties to my friends. This year because I'm going to Sarah's so early, I decided to forget the caramels.
Until Allison called and asked for some to give as teachers gifts. And Kathy said Jeff was asking whether I had given her any yet.
Soooooo, I made two batches yesterday afternoon. I cut and wrapped 200 of them last night. This morning, I bagged and ribboned them and now have 9 bags of caramels sitting on my counter.
It takes almost an hour of cooking and stirring per batch. Another hour and a half to cut up and wrap both batches and approximately an hour to bag and ribbon them. So, 4-1/2 hours into it, I'm done! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I REALLY, REALLY appreciate it!
You are TOO good to me!

scissorbill said...

Post a picture!