Thursday, December 17, 2009

David

I like to talk to David on the phone. There's just something sweet about talking to a 3 year old on the phone. Most of the time when I ask to talk to him, he says no. I get that he's busy, really I do. But today, he agreed to talk to me.

I asked him if he knew I was coming to visit him at his "repartment" on Monday. He said, "Yes." I then asked him where I was going to sleep. He didn't have an answer. Then I asked if I could sleep in his bed with him. He quickly said, "You can sleep in Alex's bed."

Evidently, sleeping with his 56 year old grandma didn't sound like too much fun!! :)

Oh, and I love that he calls me Kathy. Not Grandma, not Grandma Kathy, just Kathy. I'm really not one of those grandmas that hate for her grandkids to call her Grandma. This is just one of many "David quirks."

God, I love that kid! He's such a little Grandpa Jim Aiken. I'm sad that Jim never got to enjoy him.

No comments: