Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday's Aching Back





I spent the afternoon yesterday removing the wallpaper border from my kitchen and entryway walls. See the before and after pictures. I'm having the great room painted and although I still like the border, I decided that if I was ever going to remove it, now would be the time. Ugh, what a job!
I had to pull out the refrigerator to reach the border behind it. Stella walked around it three times and then looked at me like, "What the HELL are you doing here?"
Well, of course, one thing led to another and now the walls are clean, it's clean behind the refrigerator, the floors are clean, the cabinets are clean and I'm just waiting for Karter to come over tomorrow so I can ask him to move the stove. Seeing as how it's my girlfriend's husband who's doing the painting, I sure don't want him to go home and report to his wife what a slob I am.
Now, all I have to do is remove pictures from the rest of the great room and I'm ready for the big paint job. I'm having it painted turquoise and not just a wimpy turquoise. It'll be a big, bold turquoise and I'm a little apprehensive about the color choice. Don't get me wrong, I love the color, I've just always been such a white/beige person that it'll be a huge change. I hope I like it! :)
I want people to walk in my house and know a woman lives here! :)
Oh, the color is "schooner" from Pittsburgh Paints in case you want to see it.
I will never again wallpaper any surface in my home. I like the looks of wallpaper but it's a bitch when you decide to get rid of it.

1 comment:

LBJ11 said...

I agree with you about wall paper. We have the dining room and a powder room with wall paper and so far, Bill isn't willing to consider removal. Eventually, I'll just start it (lol).
Schooner is really pretty. I hope you like it!