Monday, December 29, 2008

So, That Should Teach Me

I woke up early in the morning Christmas Eve with chills, diarrhea and nausea. At about 5:30AM, I decided that maybe if I took a bath, I'd feel better. Uhhh, no. There I sat in the tub with wet hair, crying because I had to get out and I could hardly stand. I half sat and half laid on the floor to dry my hair and then crawled back in bed. Each time I had to run to the bathroom, I got weaker and was almost passing out from the effort. At 7:30, I called Allison and asked her to come and get Stella because I was too sick to watch her while the cleaning lady was here. Karter came and picked her up at 8 and the cleaning lady came at 9. I laid on the couch while she cleaned my bathroom and my bedroom and then ran to my bed, where I spent the rest of the day. I was so dehydrated by then that I was having horrendous cramps in my legs and finally at 6:30PM I called and asked Allison to send my Mom over. They all came and because I couldn't stand anymore, they called an ambulance to transport me to the hospital, where I spent three nights. So, next time I feel Bah Humbug about Christmas, I think I'll keep it to myself.

4 comments:

Shylah said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear you felt so sick. Flu?

sharon said...

Oh, Kathy! I hope you are feeling much better!

Mother Goose said...

Thanks, Shylah, we think it was the flu which triggered everything else. My body works on such a precarious level that it doesn't take much to tip the apple cart.


Thanks Sharon, I am feeling better but am amazed anew at how weak a person can get in three days. I'm going slow but going and that's progress :)

Anonymous said...

I'd be willing to bet that the reason you were feeling so down is that you were beginning the flu.

So glad you are better.