Tuesday, November 18, 2008

OK, About That Man :)

An old friend of Jim's who lives in Bismarck just recently found out about Jim's death. He e-mailed me to send me his condolences and I responded. We carried on an e-mail conversation for awhile that led to nightly phone calls. We talked for hours every night for a week and really hit it off.

We decided it was time to meet face to face so he drove up to Minot (about 110 miles, Linda) Sunday night. We had drinks and appetizers and had a nice time. Monday we had brunch, met his sister and niece who live here for lunch and then hit the grocery store. We spent the afternoon cooking Mexican and he makes a mean green chili enchilada :)

He had to work today so he drove home shortly after we had dinner.

He's a fantastic guy, easy to talk to, we have a lot in common and I liked him a lot... as a friend. In fact, as a good friend. But, unfortunately, there were no sparks. I talked to him last night briefly but because we'd stayed up on Sunday night until 4 AM, we didn't talk long. I don't know how he feels about the whole thing but you now know how I feel.

Rats, back to square one :( And I'd had such high hopes :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm - no sparks. Drat! BTW - I know how far it is to Minot. You forget I lived up there :)